Chris Schoonover, Partner
- Expertise in state appropriations, health and human services, higher education, information technology, as well as alcohol, business, and gaming regulation
- Former staff attorney for the Florida House of Representatives
- Former member of the Florida Board of Governors and the FSU Board of Trustees
- Former FSU student body president
- Named Top Education Lobbyist by Influence Magazine.
- Task Force on Closing the Achievement Gap for Boys
Chris Schoonover began his career in the Florida House of Representatives after graduating from Florida State University, where he served as a Student Body President and also received a law degree. As a legislative staffer in the areas of health care, rules, and family services, he provided legal and policy analysis to House members.
In addition to his legislative experience, Chris worked at the Department of Business and Professional Regulation and in the Governor’s Office under Jeb Bush. Chris currently focuses his practice on appropriations, education, health care, and gaming, and was named Top Education Lobbyist by Influence Magazine. His acumen for the legislative policy and appropriations processes provides clients with an unrivaled benefit. Chris Schoonover is a member of the Florida Bar and resides in Tallahassee with his wife, Alli, daughter Liberty, and twins William and Andrew. In his spare time, Chris serves on Vestry at St. John’s Episcopal Church.