Andrew Ketchel, Partner
- Expert in Florida’s complex water issues, environmental resource permitting, state lands, waste management and environmental regulatory affairs.
- Extensive relationships and experience in front of all Five Water Management Districts.
- Former Legislative Affairs Director at the Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- Served multiple roles in Governor Rick Scott’s administration
- Participant in the Gubernatorial Fellows Program
Andrew Ketchel joined Capital City Consulting after serving both as a policy advisor to Governor Scott and as the Legislative Affairs Director for the Department of Environment Protection. In the latter role, Andrew oversaw the Department’s legislative agenda and worked extensively on all the environmental policy that went before the Florida Legislature. Andrew oversaw several pieces of transformative legislation that was important to the success of the Department and the Governor. Through this process, Andrew built lasting relationships with leadership at DEP and the five Water Management Districts, many of whom still serve in Government.
Andrew’s state government experience also extends to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, where he worked as a member of the Gubernatorial Fellows program, a highly selective annual training program for young leaders. A graduate of the University of South Florida, Andrew Ketchel was a four-year letterman on the football team.