Andrew Ketchel, Partner
- Expert in Florida’s complex water issues, the Florida Everglades, state lands, waste management, environmental regulatory affairs, and the Florida Park Service
- Extensive relationships and experience in front of all Five Water Management Districts
- Former Legislative Affairs Director at the Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- Served multiple roles in Governor Rick Scott’s administration
- Participant in the Gubernatorial Fellows Program
Andrew Ketchel joined Capital City Consulting after serving both as a policy advisor to Governor Scott and as the Legislative Affairs Director for the Department of Environment Protection. In the latter role, Andrew oversaw the Department’s legislative agenda and worked extensively on issues dealing with Florida’s springs, the Everglades, state-owned lands, waste management, and the Florida Park Service. Andrew also oversaw the most recent state land statutory overhaul, Florida’s coastal permitting reforms, and changes to the Petroleum Restoration Program.
Andrew’s state government experience also extends to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, where he worked as a member of the Gubernatorial Fellows program, a highly selective annual training program for young leaders. A graduate of the University of South Florida, Andrew Ketchel was a four-year letterman on the football team.