Dean Izzo, Partner
- Nearly 15 years of Executive Branch experience in Florida providing valuable insights in technology, purchasing, policy, grant programs and economic development issues
- Former Vice President of Operations, JP Morgan Chase Bank, IBM Project Manager
- Former Chief Information Officer, Florida Department of Community Affairs and the Florida Agency for Workforce Innovation
- Former Chief of Staff, Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Information Officer at the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
- Florida Certified Contract Negotiator and Certified Project Management Professional
Dean Izzo’s career spans real estate, information technology, operations, and project management as a former Vice President of Operations at JP Morgan Chase Bank, project manager with IBM, Director of Real Estate for the Florida Department of Management Services and Chief Information Officer at the Department of Community Affairs. Most recently, Dean was the Chief of Staff for the Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO), where he oversaw each division and program, cabinet affairs, communications, and external affairs. Dean also held the Chief Financial Officer role at DEO where he was responsible for overseeing the Agency’s $1.4 billion-dollar budget, federal grant programs, human resources, general services, and procurement offices. While at DEO, Dean also created a leadership and development program for employees.
One of the state’s foremost procurement experts, Dean Izzo provides valuable insight to clients from real estate to technology and from purchasing to policy. Dean received degrees in Real Estate and Finance from Georgia State University, and he has also earned certifications as a Florida Contract Negotiator and Project Management Professional.